Thursday Night Scramble * Begins: June 11th at 5:30 pm -
all golfers should report to their starting tee box by 5:20 pm!
*Limited to only 9 teams (4 golfers per team)
*All 4 golfers need to be "paid in full" before HCCC enters the team
(1- 3 paid golfers will not hold a spot)
* Sign up & pay in the clubhouse.
* Starting tee box will be assigned (requests will be honored) immediately upon payment
* Each team will have a designated:
- “Team Captain” to handle the scorecard & call out scores at the posterboard. This should happen as teams move from #9 green to #1 tee box (to avoid a large gathering at the end of the scramble)
- "Team Sanitizing Secretary" to have sanitizing wipes from HCCC to handle any of the 3 Event Signs
that may need to be moved & signed (hopefully, right?!)
- "Team Historian” to document (with cell phone photos) that the sanitizing wipes were indeed used for the Event Signs - other photos are welcomed!
HCCC would enjoy posting a variety of pictures from this event!
* “Skins” payouts will still be determined and/or “carried over”, as in previous years!
* Socializing afterward is still welcomed, but HCCC
asks that golfers continue to follow the CDC guidelines:
* 6 ft. social distancing (the Wednesday evening Golfing Gals have enthusiastically gathered with their carts on the “old fairway”);
* one person per cart; and only handle your own golf equipment;
* only 5 golfers in the clubhouse; and only 1 person in each restroom at a time;
* only sealed snacks & beverages will be sold (no clubhouse ice can be put into
personalized mugs/water bottles, etc).
Joel, Bob & Ron are just 3 of the many golfers who have bolstered our confidence to bring back our popular Senior Scramble! We can creatively do this while maintaining the posted rules/guidelines we are attempting to follow!
Golfers who want to participate will need to sign up and pay online or in the clubhouse by 8:00 pm on Tuesday night! Starting tee assignments will be posted by 9:00 pm on Tuesday nights! Participating golfers will have their own germ-free, personalized event signs waiting for them on the edge of hole #4 green for Longest Putt and #8 green for Closest to the Pin!
Every Wednesday morning and Thursday night, we gather together for a little friendly scramble competition. On Wednesdays, area seniors are placed into teams of three, four, or five and sent out starting at 9:00 am. Golfers can share barbecues and chips together for lunch, and enjoy the camaraderie and fellowship. There are usually around 30-40 seniors who play each week. Cost is $2 per golfer (plus greens fees)
On Thursday nights, players of all ages and skills are placed into teams of five and sent out shotgun (each hole has at least one team starting there) at 5:30 p.m. SHARP! Golfers should register by 2:00 p.m. on Thursday to ensure your spot !
A fun weekly 9-hole tournament for only $10 (plus greens fees), the Thursday Night Scramble offers opportunities to win money for:
• lowest overall team score,
• team skins (lowest score on each hole),
• individual longest putt,
• individual longest drive,
• and individual closest to the pin.
The Thursday Night Scramble costs only $10 (plus greens fees) to enter, and sign-in is required by 2:00 p.m. on Thursday. It draws golfers from around the area -- usually supporting 70 or more golfers each week -- making it one of the most popular scrambles in Kandiyohi County. Call (320) 967-GOLF for information about either of our fun and competitive scrambles and tournaments, or for tee times.